Thank you for your interest in Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Uganda.FES Uganda offers 3-month internships throughout the year except for the period from June-August.
· At least a bachelor degree in a field relevant to the FES working lines, e.g. social sciences, economics, development studies, law, African Studies
· Proof of English proficiency
· Living or working experience in Uganda or the region is an advantage
· Cover/motivation letter, including an indication of the planned time period and duration of the internship
· CV including contacts of at least two referees
· Relevant certificates, transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.
Please create one .pdf file and send complete application in one file to fes(at)fes-uganda.org
Tasks and duties include but are not limited to:
· Collaboration with project officers in preparing conferences, workshops etc
· Assisting the office staff in performing the day-to-day business
· Preparation of short papers or research relevant to current activities of FES Uganda
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
!! Important Information !!
· Please note that Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung under no circumstances requires any sort of payment for the application process.
· The responsibility to ensure all immigration requirements are met lies with the applicant.
· The intern will be responsible to make arrangements for accommodation.
· Please do not purchase an air ticket to Uganda before having received your acceptance letter.
The promotion of young talent has been one of the founding principles of the FES. The first scholarships were awarded to particularly talented young individuals from a working class milieu who were taking an active part in the young democracy of the Weimar Republic.
For the FES therefore, it is not only the applicants' academic achievement but also their social and political involvement and their personal attitudes that play an important part in the selection process.
The FES supports students from public or state-approved universities and from polytechnical colleges. It supports all academic subjects and postgraduate programmes. It is also possible for non-German students to apply for the scholarship programme. They, however, need to study in Germany at the time of application.
In order to find out more about the application process and who to contact please visit the FES Scholarship Department website.