The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is a German political foundation engaged in political and socio- economic development through education, research, dialogue and international cooperation. FES is active in Germany and in around 100 offices worldwide. To support the national programmes of our Uganda office, we are currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Job: Project Assistant
Duty Station: FES-Uganda Office, Kololo, Kampala
Type of contract: Fixed term (one year with possible renewal on permanent basis)
Hours of Work: Full time; 40hrs/week
Start: 15th January 2019
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assisting FES programme managers in implementing activities on social and economic development, governance, and human rights by completing organisational tasks (verbal and written correspondence, bookings, follow-up communication), drafting budgets and activity related documents, such as honorarium agreements and invitation letters, procurement processes, compiling accountability et al.
· Assisting the programme manager and administrators with updating the contact data base, FES- Uganda website, facebook page, and other online presences/ social media accounts of FES- Uganda.
· Doing selected research and/ or giving input on socio-economic development, governance, and human rights in Uganda.
Competencies and requirements:
· Minimum university degree in political science, public policy, international development or related fields
· Minimum of three years of work experience in event organisation, logistics and procurement in a busy organisation.
· Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and excellent communication skills.
· Excellent computer skills, in-depth knowledge of working with the Microsoft Office programmes, especially Word, and Excel, and willingness to learn new software.
· Experience in communications/public relations and/or the maintenance of websites and social media accounts is an advantage.
· Proven ability to work and co-operate with project partners.
· High organisational capacity, including the ability to manage priorities, work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, work responsibly and independently, as well as in a team, ability to familiarise oneself with new tasks and to acquire new skills in short period of time
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit applications that include a cover letter/motivation letter, a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, transcripts and contact details (including email addresses and telephone numbers) of three references.
Applications should be scanned into ONE PDF FILE only and be sent to:
Lagrima Klein, lagrima(at)fes-uganda.org
Deadline for submission in soft copy is Tuesday, 18th December 2018 at 5pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted!